The last real shipwreck to occur in the Sydney area was the loss of the SS Birchgrove Park on 2 August 1956. The Birchgrove Park was lost off the far northern beaches of the City in a terrible storm while on a regular trip from Newcastle to Sydney. The loss of the SS Annie M. Miller on 8 February 1929, less than three months after its acquisition, meant that R.W. Miller and Co. needed another collier. In mid-1930 when its finances were in a better state, an order was placed for a new vessel. The Birchgrove Park was a collier built by J. Lewis and Sons of Aberdeen, Scotland and launched in November 1930. The Birchgrove Park (Lloyd's Register 157592 ) was a collier of 640 tons and was 47 metres long and 10 metres wide. Constructed of steel and powered by a coal powered boiler and a triple expansion cylinder steam engine (producing 93 rhp - exactly the same as the Annie M. Miller's engine - it may have been identical in design ) turning a single screw, the Birchgrove Park represents the end of an era, that of coal transport to Sydney by ship.