Originally christened as the Tom Adams in 1888, the Langham was caught in a vicious storm off of the Keweenaw Peninsula while upbound to Port Arthur with a load of coal. She sought shelter in Bete Grise Bay on the South shore of the Keweenaw Peninsula, but the next morning, she was found to be on fire. The fire occurred under the forward deck of an unknown cause. The crew abandoned ship and reached shore only to watch the Langham burn to the waters edge and slip beneath the waves. The Langham is bouyed in the Summer months as she is now part of the Keweenaw Underwater Preserve. Although her decks are burned off, the hull is intact and all her machinery is present. Divers will find her engine, boilers, drive shaft, propeller, rudder and anchors.